*unfortunately Savannah Midwifery is no longer accepting clients due to personal health issues*
As a state licensed and nationally credentialed Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) in Georgia, GeorgAnna Wiley of Savannah Midwifery is qualified to provide care for healthy, low-risk women and their babies during pregnancy, birth, after the birth, and to help with your health needs from well woman care, to birth control and menopause, including everything in between. And yes, home birth is legal in Georgia and South Carolina! Currently approximately a 2 hour radius of Savannah is eligible (Brunswick, Statesboro, Hinesville, Beaufort, Metter, and beyond).
GeorgAnna is a nationally credentialed Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) and Certified Professional Midwife (CPM), licensed in Georgia and South Carolina. She holds a Master's in Nursing and Midwifery and a Bachelor's in Nursing. Additionally, she is a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP), and also earned a Bachelor’s in Behavioral Psychobiology after completing her thesis on Human Reproduction. GeorgAnna is a certified Hypnobirthing instructor, a placenta encapsulator, a creator of herbal remedies, certified in Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) and adult CPR, Red Cross trained in disaster relief, and an experienced babywearer who founded the Savannah Slingers in 2010. Practically since her own earthside arrival, GeorgAnna has been fascinated with the world of birthing. This interest evolved throughout high school and college through learning about herbal remedies and working in breeding programs for threatened animal species before she discovered midwifery. Volunteering at a Florida birth center convinced her that she had found her life’s passion. GeorgAnna is passionate about empowering women, supporting abuse survivors, working with adolescents, helping women love their bodies, and making birth a family centered experience.
Offered by Savannah Midwifery to women in Georgia and South Carolina:
- Placenta encapsulation specialist (OSHA certified since 1999) using the Raw Method to preserve delicate, heat sensitive hormones and protein molecules. Your placenta will be collected shortly after birth, dehydrated immediately in a sanitized kitchen, then ground and encapsulated in vegetarian capsules. Placenta tinctures, smoothies, and prints available upon request. Placenta medical analysis and interpretation available when anomalies or features of interest are noticed (calcifications and large infarctions indicating decreased placental perfusion, circumvallate, velamentous cord insertion, two vessel cord, etc). Cord keepsake included. $150 per placenta encapsulation ($175 for twins).
- Well Woman Care This includes annual exams, preconception counseling, birth control needs, Pap Smears, STD screening, menopausal visits, pessary fittings, IUD insertion and removal.
- Family Planning Including natural methods, as well as birth control (including Paragard and Mirena IUD insertions and removals).
- Preconception care and counseling
- Home Birth Services includes prenatal, homebirth, supplies, postpartum, and newborn care
- Waterbirths - water birth provider with additional training through Waterbirth International
- Family Home Birth Workshops - Offered to help prepare you and your family for your home birth. This workshop teaches hands on skills to help your labor support team and siblings prepare to support you. The workshop will have families with due dates similar to yours and is a great opportunity to meet and connect with other likeminded families.
- Herbal remedies GeorgAnna grows medicinal herbs to make teas, salves, and natural remedies
- Cloth diapering and babywearing guidance - certified Babywearing Educator through Babywearing International, wearing babies daily since 2007
GeorgAnna Wiley, MSN, BSN, CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife), APRN, WHNP-BC, CPM
P (912) 509-0338 | F (912) 335 - 4494